Local

Suspected Kidnapper Abducts 5-Year-Old Girl While Returning From School In Lagos (Photos)

Suspected Kidnapper

A family is seeking public assistance after their five-year-old daughter, Memunah Abdulrahman, was abducted by a suspected kidnapper in the Ejigbo area of Lagos State.

It was gathered that the minor was abducted on March 9, 2025, while she and her sister were returning from an Islamic school.

According to sources, upon reaching a popular supermarket in the community, the suspect approached Abdulrahman and her sister and led them inside the store.

While pretending to buy them some items at the supermarket, the suspect disappeared with Memunah, leaving her sister behind.

After the incident was reported at the Ejigbo Divisional Police Headquarters, the police reviewed the CCTV footage, which revealed the suspect abducting the child and escaping in a tricycle.

Speaking to Punch on Tuesday, April 1, 2025, Abdulrahman’s distraught mother, Mrs Bashirah, pleaded with the relevant authorities and the public to help locate the suspect and rescue her daughter.

“The incident happened on March 9, 2025. My two children were returning from an Islamic class when the man who abducted my youngest daughter, Memunah, stopped them on the road and took them to the supermarket,” she recounted.

“Inside the supermarket, we were able to see what happened. He initially tried to abduct both of my daughters, but when the older one started crying, he left with Abdulrahman and disappeared.”



Also speaking, Abdulrahman’s father, Abdurrahman Alimi, said that the family had exhausted their finances searching for their daughter without any success. He pleaded with the public for assistance.

“We have spent a lot of money trying to track down the suspect, but we haven’t seen any results from the police. We expected their job to be easier since the abduction was captured on CCTV,” he lamented.

“We need help. We are pleading with anyone who recognises the suspect to come forward. Our daughter is only five years old, and we desperately need any assistance to bring her home,” he urged.

The community secretary, identified simply as Ojagbami, told the publication on Tuesday that there had been no update or progress on the investigation since the case was reported to the Ejigbo Police Division.

“There were two children, aged eight and five, returning from Islamic school. The kidnapper took them into Bokku Supermarket and later fled with Memunah, leaving her sister behind.

“We obtained the CCTV footage from the supermarket and reported the matter to the police. We have done everything necessary, yet there has been no concrete progress,”

About the author

Collins Nnebedum

Collins Nnebedum is a seasoned writer with a knack for delivering insightful analysis on current affairs and breaking news. His dedication to factual reporting makes him a trusted voice on eNews Nigeria.