In a dazzling night at the Labadi Beach Hotel in Accra on Sunday, the 7th Ghana Beauty Awards celebrated excellence in Ghana’s beauty industry.
Abigail Amegatcher, the talented artist from Shine and Shadows, grabbed the coveted title of Make-Up Artiste of the Year, showcasing her exceptional skills and creativity.
The prestigious event, organized by Make-Up Ghana, drew a crowd of dignitaries and prominent figures from the beauty sector.
RnR Luxury was honoured as the Overall Beauty Brand of the Year, while SO Aesthetics secured the Make-Up Brand of the Year accolade.
Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon captured the hearts of the public, winning the People’s Choice Award and Best SPA & Wellness Centre, while Sarah Naa Kordai Addy of Sarah’s Beauty Parlour was crowned Hair Stylist of the Year.
Amewugah Nathaniel, known as Kruz_K, was impressed with his special effects makeup artistry, earning him the title of Best Special Effects Make-Up Artist.
The list of outstanding achievers continued with Lawrencia Owusu of Just Sparkle & Shine, recognized as the Beauty Entrepreneur of the Year, and Priscilla Akuba Appiah (HB Elegance), honoured as Facilitator/Educator of the Year.
Berla Mundi skillfully hosted the event, which featured captivating music performances, including the timeless Tagoe Sisters.
The guest list boasted influential personalities such as Mark Okraku Mantey, Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture, Mimj Adani, and Angela List, creating a night filled with glitz and glamour.
The 2023 Ghana Beauty Awards not only celebrated achievements but also showcased the industry’s vibrant spirit and dedication.
Full list of 7th Ghana Beauty Awards Winners
Golden View Therapeutic Clinic & Spa
Marion Mariononi Kusi-Mensah (BTI Accra
Studio 7 Clinic & Med Spa
HONORARY AWARD RECIPIENTS
1. Mrs. Sandra Ampofo Donkor [Founder/CEO of Monisarp Enterprise]
2. Mrs. Zita Amankwa Jackson [Founder/CEO of Zee nails and Beauty Gh]
3. Mrs. Faustina Nor Abini [Founder & CEO of Phase2Phase Beauty Clinic & College]
4. Madam Christiana Okine [Cosmetologist & Technical Educator – Nouvelle Parfumerie Gandour]
5. Madam Joyce Mama Appiah [Past President of GHABA]
6. Mr. Michael Ayikwei Afutu [CEO of Mikesh Global]– Chiefs to be Acknowledged
LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD RECIPIENT
7. Engr. Dr. Stephen Turkson [CEO and Lead Consultant of Eljen Consultants]
FIRST SET OF AWARDS
BEST ECO FRIENDLY BEAUTY PRODUCT
1. Clean Skin Facial Cleansing Balm (CM Beauty Bar)
CSR PROJECT OF THE YEAR
2. Bright Future Academy (Nguvu Foundation)
3. RS Scent Perfect
MOST PROMISING BARBER
4. Grace Minnet Arthur (Minnet De Barber)
BEST HAIR CUTTING STYLIST
5. Emefa Obobi Ameteme [GoshenEm Institute and Spa]
BEST HAIR COLORIST
6. Justice Osei (Justice The Barber)
7. Abiba Azu (Abiba Locs)
BEST NATURAL HAIR STYLIST
8. Sarah Naa Kordai Addy (Sarah’s Beauty Parlour)
BEST BRIAD STYLIST
9. Emmanuel Asukwo (Manuels Beautty GH)
DISCOVERY OF THE YEAR
10. Flocare Beauty
PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
11. Nana Gaza (Nana Gaza Photography)
BEST SALON/ STUDIO
12. Kare Beauty Spa
BEST BARBER SHOP
13. Andis Barber Shop
BEAUTY PRODUCT OF THE YEAR
14. Evo Gel Polish (Bio Sculpture Ghana)
BEAUTY RETAIL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
15. Queenrenes World
BEST BRIDAL MAKEUP ARTIST
16. Flora Arthur (Phab Hair & Makeup)
BEST EDITORIAL MAKEUP ARTIST
17. Shika Linus Kojo Agblevor (Painted by Linus)
BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP ARTIST
18. Amewugah Nathaniel (Kruz_K)
BARBER OF THE YEAR
19. Derrick Abosti (Luda Haircuts)
BEST SPA & WELLNESS CENTER
20. Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon
INDIGENOUS BRAND OF THE YEAR
21. Kinky Matters
BEST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
22. Skin Gourmet
SKINCARE BRAND OF THE YEAR
FACILITATOR/EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
24. Priscilla Akuba Appiah (HB Elegance)
BEAUTY ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
25. Lawrencia Owusu (Just Sparkle & Shine)
MAKEUP BRAND OF THE YEAR
26. SO Aesthetics
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
27. Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon
HAIR STYLIST OF THE YEAR
28. Gladys Quaye (Stages Salon)
MAKEUP ARTIST OF THE YEAR
29. Abigail Amegatcher (Shine and Shadows)
BEAUTY BRAND OF THE YEAR
30. RnR Luxury