Age: 20 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Samarpan Lama
- Samarpan Lama is an Indian dancer and winner of the India’s Best Dancer Season 3 (2023).
- His parents belong to Nepal and came to India in search of work. His father, Dimdung Dheeren, works abroad and visits the family once in 2-3 years.
- Samarpan completed his schooling in Pune and later decided to move to Bombay. His parents opposed his decision as they wanted him to prepare for the IELTS exam and pursue a bachelor’s degree in Australia.
- Samarpan took the time of one year to establish himself as a dancer.
- He started dancing in 2020 and never learned from a professional rather followed international dancers on YouTube to learn the dance steps.
- In 2021, he gave an audition in a Nepali TV Channel OSR Reality for the TV show Dance Competition but he was rejected.
- In 2023, he auditioned for India’s Best Dancer Season 3 in which he was rejected in the digital audition round. But then he received a call to perform live.
- According to him, he never believed that he would win the show. He just came to learn the things and enjoy the journey.
- In an interview, he shared his experience after winning the title of India’s Best Dancer,
“I know people say that reality shows were popular earlier but as a young dancer, I couldn’t have asked for a better stage. India’s Best Dancer not only gave me a platform to showcase my talent but also honed my skills. The choreographers, judges, and even the contestants have added so much to my life. I am going back as a better version of myself and I hope to only get better with time.”
- On the day of the grand finale of the show, Lama was reunited with his father after a gap of two years; his father has been working abroad for the last 17 years.
- The finale episode saw one of Bollywood’s most prolific dancers, Govinda on the stage, while Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon also joined the team to promote their film Ganapath.
- After his dance performances, he earned the title of ‘King of Contemporary’ from the judge of the show, Terence Lewis.
- There was a fan boy moment of his life when during a touching gesture Remo D’Souza gifted him a pair of shoes as a token of respect for his dance talent.
- Samarpan ‘s choreographer was Pooja Khanduja who won an amount of Rs. 5 lakhs while Samarpan Lama won an amount of Rs. 15 Lakh.
- Earlier, he had only 900 followers on Instagram but after his performance in the TV show his fan following increased day by day; as of September 2023, he has almost 319k followers on Instagram.
- He loves to give interviews as it is the best medium to update his fans whom he calls ‘My People.’
- He wants to go to the international level in dancing and represent India.
The post Samarpan Lama Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More appeared first on Phoosi.