Chocolate Fondant with Ricotta is an easy-to-make, delicious and mouthwatering dessert recipe.
To mark its 20th anniversary, Capsicum Culinary Studio, South Africa’s largest culinary school, launched its Chef Talent Scout competition earlier this year, with more than R500 000 in bursaries to be won.
The entrants were asked to submit a recipe and a two-minute video of a dish they had created and send it to their preferred Capsicum campus: Rosebank, Boksburg, Pretoria, Durban, Nelson Mandela Bay, or Cape Town.
One of the six winners was 19-year-old Palesa Ramalale from Hospital View in Tembisa. Palesa, who will be taking up the bursary in 2024 and studying for an Advanced Professional Chef course, shared the recipe of her winning dish with The Citizen.
ALSO READ: Recipe of the day: Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Chocolate Fondant with Ricotta Recipe
Here is a recipe for a winning dish!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cook
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Chocolate fondant
- 1½ cups full cream
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cottage cheese.
- 5ml vanilla essence.
- Whisk the cream in a blender and gradually add the caster sugar.
- Add the cottage cheese and continue blending.
- Finally, add the vanilla essence and give a final whisk to incorporate.
- Serve the fondant and ricotta on a plate and garnish with strawberries and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
*This recipe was sent by Janine Walker/Capsicum Culinary Studio
NOW READ: Recipe of the day: Mint chocolate ice box cupcakes