The Houston Rockets (18-52) hope to continue a three-home win streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (33-37) on Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
The Pelicans go into their matchup against the Rockets as a 5.5-point favorite. The over/under for the game is 227.5.
Pelicans vs Rockets Betting Odds
Odds provided by Tipico sports betting; Access USA TODAY hub for sports scores and sports betting odds for a complete list.
- spread: New Orleans -5.5
- In total: 227.5
- money line: New Orleans -220, Houston +185
Let yourself be inspired and bet with Tipico!
Double Up, Ohio! Deposit $200, get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% deposit match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Pelicans on rocket odds, spread and more
- New Orleans has been favorites in 33 games this season and has won 20 times (60.6%) in those competitions.
- This season, New Orleans has won 10 times in 13 chances when named as a favorite by at least -220 or more on the money line.
- New Orleans has an implied winning probability of 68.8% according to the money line set for this matchup.
- Houston has won 24.2% of games this season, being the underdog on the money line (16-50).
- Houston has a record of 11-40 in games played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +185 or more (21.6%).
- Houston has a 35.1% money line implied probability of winning this contest.
against the spread
- The Pelicans’ 113.9 points per game is just 4.2 points short of the Rockets’ 118.1.
- New Orleans has a 19-6 record against the spread and a 20-5 record overall when scoring more than 118.1 points.
- If Houston gives up less than 113.9 points, it’s 16-8-2 against the spread and 11-15 overall.
- The Rockets averaged 110.4 points per game, just 3.1 fewer points than the 113.5 the Pelicans are posting.
- Houston has an ATS record of 16-10-1 and an overall record of 13-14 in games in which it scores more than 113.5 points.
- New Orleans has an ATS record of 21-8 and a 22-7 record overall when their opponents score less than 110.4 points.
- The Pelicans are ranked 16th in NBA scoring (113.9 PPG), while the Rockets have the 27th lowest points per game (118.1) in the league.
- The Houston team is currently the 29th-scoring team in the NBA (110.4 PPG), while the New Orleans team ranks 16th in points allowed per game (113.5).
- The Pelicans have averaged 28 points more than their opponents this season (0.4 average per game), while the Rockets have been surpassed by 541 overall points (7.7 average per game difference).
PLAY: Free daily sports pick’em competitions and prizes to be won. Play Now!
- New Orleans has an average implied total of 116.9 this year, which is 0.1 points shy of the implied total in Sunday’s game (117).
- So far this season, New Orleans has accumulated more than 117 points in 28 games.
- The average implied total for the year for Houston (118.7) is 7.7 points more than the team’s implied total in that matchup (111).
Bet online legally with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and soon IA. Bet now!
How to watch pelicans vs rockets
- Gameday: Sunday March 19, 2023
- playing time: 7:00 p.m. ET
- TV channel: BSNO and SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Toyota Center
- TV channel: Bally sports
- Live broadcast: Watch on fuboTV!
- NBA League Pass: Most live games plus NBA TV. Free trial period
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for viewer recommendations on betting services. Tipico has no control over, nor is such revenue in any way dependent on or connected to the newsrooms or reporting. General terms and conditions see Tipico.com. 21+ only. gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).