BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (KPEL News) – Two children have been discharged from the hospital while their mother and boyfriend are in jail over their injuries.
Earlier in the school week, the school administrators at an elementary school in the parish of St. Martin notified the Sheriff’s Office deputies of visible injuries to one of their 11-year-old students. A social check was then conducted on a 6-year-old sibling who was not at school, and MPs also noted the child’s injuries.
Both children were then taken to the hospital and treated for their injuries.
Investigators said they learned that 27-year-old Allen Sam – the boyfriend of the children’s mother, 27-year-old Farrah Potier – was the person who allegedly injured both children. It is alleged that the mother did not see a doctor for her children.
Investigators have charged the Breaux Bridge couple with:
- LA RS 14:93.2 -2 Cases of Second Degree Cruelty to a Juvenile
- LA RS 40:966A – Simple Possession of Marijuana (1 count)
- LA RS 40:1060.13 – Sale, Distribution, or Possession of Legendary Drugs (1 count)
- LA RS 40:981.3 – Violations of a Controlled Hazardous Substance
- LA RS 14:91.13 – Illegal Use of Controlled Hazardous Substances in the Presence of a Minor
- LA RS 14:93.2-2 Second degree cruelty to a juvenile
Each person was committed to St. Martin Parish Correctional Center.
LOOK: Food and personal care shortages we could see in 2023
From produce and meat to snacks and beverages, learn about the 13 potential bottlenecks that could impact businesses in 2023.