Top News

1 of 2 prostitutes arrested in Georgia man’s death were found wrapped in a rug in Baton Rouge


Baton Rouge Police are searching for Tabbetha Barner and Tiffany Ann Guidry in the Nathan Millard murder case. (Baton Rouge Police Department)

BATON ROUGE, La. – Investigators in Baton Rouge say one of two known prostitutes wanted in connection with the death of 42-year-old Georgia father of five, Nathan Millard, is now behind bars.

Tiffany Ann Guidry was taken into custody while standing on the corner of Nicholson Drive and Terrance Street, just a mile south of Millard’s Louisiana residence. Police say they received a tip on her whereabouts.

Guidry and Tabbetha Barner have outstanding warrants related to the businessman’s death.

Millard’s body was found March 6 behind a locked funeral home in Baton Rouge, wrapped in carpet and plastic.

Millard, a father of five from Covington, was in Louisiana on a business trip. He had a meeting on February 22 and went to an LSU game. That evening he was last seen.

Investigators say Millard left Happy’s Irish Pub on 3rd Street near Convention Street downtown around 10:30 p.m. that evening after the bartender cut him off. The pub is located just 500 feet from his accommodation.

He then walked through the area and eventually found his way onto the other side of Interstate 110 about an hour later and less than a mile away, investigators say.

Police say Millard encountered a security guard at the Greyhound bus station along Florida Street. Investigators said the guard thought Millard looked out of place and offered to help him. The security guard would ask if he needed a cab, Uber, or some other transportation service. Millard would decline and continue on his way.

Investigators say Millard did not appear to be in any distress at any point during the evening and was at the locations under his own steam.

Video obtained by WBRZ shows Millard, shortly after his interaction with the security guard, walking back to I-110 along Florida Street just a few blocks from the bus stop. He wasn’t alone.

Millard, seen in a black shirt, walked alongside another person wearing a light-colored shirt. This person seems to be stumbling a bit while Millard seems to be walking just fine.

Derrick Perkins (Baton Rouge Police Department)

Investigators believe the other man was 45-year-old Derrick Perkins. He was wanted for questioning in the case and unrelated arrest warrants.

Millard was last seen around 4:30 a.m. on February 23, but police would not say where. Investigators want the person who was with him to come forward and confirm this place with them. Investigators would not say if they believe Perkins is that person.

Millard was reported missing the next day after missing a morning appointment. A check of his hotel room found all of his belongings. His cell phone would be found blocks away. A friend of Millard’s says his credit card was used at least twice. His American Express card was found, but not his ID.

His body was found less than two miles north of the Greyhound station 11 days later.

An autopsy of would reveal “no evidence of internal or external,” but investigators were awaiting a toxicology report to make a final decision on his death.

It’s not clear how Guidry and Barner came across Millard.

Guidry was sentenced to East Baton Rouge Parish Jail for unlawful disposal of human remains, prostitution and failure to seek help.

The police are still looking for Barner.

Investigators are asking anyone with information about the case to call the Baton Rouge Police Department or the Capitol Region Crime Stoppers at 225-344-STOP (7867).

This story is being reported from Atlanta