Lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly on Monday appointed a new Speaker, Olubunmi Adelugba.
Following the impeachment of Gboyega Aribisogan on Monday by seventeen out of twenty-five members of the house, Adelugba emerged as the first female speaker in the state.
Naija News gathered that the lawmakers after impeaching Aribisogan on Monday also suspended him indefinitely.
Here are thirteen things to know about the first female speaker in Ekiti State.
1. Adelugbe is the lawmaker representing the Emure constituency in the state House of Assembly
2. Following Aribisogan’s impeachment on Monday, Adelugba emerged as the first female speaker in the state since the return to democracy in 1999.
3. Adelugba is a member of the ruling party in the state, the All Progressives Congress (APC).
4. The new speaker of the Ekiti House of Assembly was elected into the house in 2019.
5. She has more than two decades of work experience in rendering Audit and Corporate Advisory Services as well as Finance Consultancy.
6. She worked in Olusola Adekanola & Co as a Principal Consultant, a team that started Accelerated Revenue Generation as a means of boosting State Governments’ Internally Generated Revenue.
7. She was in ActionAid Nigeria as the Management Accountant and ActionAid International Cameroun as Head of Finance providing a lead in the internal, international and statutory Audit support for the Countries’ program.
8. She served as pioneer Honourable State Commissioner for Labour, Productivity and Human Capital Development.
9. She was Special Adviser, Revenue Matters and Taxation, in the state.
10. She is presently the Managing Partner of Bunmi Adelugba & Co and Boomade Professional Services and also coordinates interface with clients.
11. Adelugba holds a Masters’ degree in Financial Management.
12. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria and a Chartered Public Finance Accountant.
13. She is a practising Accountant and Tax Practitioner.