Fabrizio Romano confirms Tottenham star Giovani Lo Celso set to leave for Villarreal
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Giovani Lo Celso is just an official announcement from the concerned clubs away from sealing a loan transfer to Villarreal, as per Fabrizio Romano.
The 26-year-old arrived from Real Betis in the summer of 2019 on an initial loan deal. However, in the three years since then, he failed to make himself a pinned starter in our first XI.
Be it Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo, or Antonio Conte, Lo Celso never looked like actualising his potential at N17. His best spell in the past few years came last season when he joined Villarreal on loan in January.
Unai Emery’s men reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League and Lo Celso was an important part of that team. Despite joining the La Liga outfit halfway through the season, the Argentina international still made 22 appearances across all competitions for them.
Lo Celso off to Villarreal
Now, Romano claims that the 26-year-old has joined the Yellow Submarines on a loan deal for the upcoming season without a buy clause. Spurs are said to have an option to interrupt the loan spell if a permanent transfer offer arrives for Lo Celso in January.
However, it is said that the player’s future is in his own hands with regards to this temporary spell in Spain. There was very little chance of him getting regular playing time under Conte this season.
Lo Celso was left out from the Tottenham team that faced Southampton last Saturday, winning the game by a 4-1 scoreline. With the FIFA World Cup set to take place in Qatar this November, regular starts would be important for Lo Celso.
More Tottenham Hotspur News
The chance to impress Lionel Scaloni at club level would, of course, matter a lot when the boss picks his 26-man shortlist for the tournament.
Credit Goes To News Website – This Original Content Owner News Website . This Is Not My Content So If You Want To Read Original Content You Can Follow Below Links