Weekends are the perfect time to grab the kids and get crafty! Why not try to make DIY paint that puffs up in the microwave? Sounds like a sure-fire hit to us! We saw this idea on YouTube a little while ago and filed away for a fun Saturday project.
What you need
- One cup of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
How to make it
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and add 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and enough water to make it the consistency of pancake batter.
- Divide the mixture into four parts and put them into snack-size Ziploc baggies along with some food colouring.
- Rubber band the baggies like you would if you were icing a cake and snip off the teeniest little bit of the tip.
- Paint away! When you’re finished, pop the painting into the microwave for 30-45 seconds and watch the paint puff up and grow!